Maintenance Planning & Scheduling Course
Check out the On Demand course from our Affiliate Road 2 Reliability!
An online course that teaches you the essentials of Maintenance Planning & Scheduling and shows you how to successfully implement it in your organization.
This accredited course makes maintenance planning & scheduling training suddenly more accessible and more affordable than ever before.
- Building a business case for implementing or improving planning & scheduling in your business and getting leadership approval with ROIs.
- The key elements in the maintenance planning & scheduling business process and how they interact with each other inclusive of developing a planning & scheduling business process flow specific for your organization.
- The key roles in the maintenance planning process particularly the maintenance planner, the scheduler and the supervisor.
- The importance of work prioritization and different methodologies that could opt for including the Ranking Index for Maintenance Expense (RIME) priority system and using a Risk Assessment Matrix (RAM).
- Dealing with Emergency Maintenance work and ensuring that a reactive work environment is not promoted.
- Effectively manage your maintenance backlog including usage of backlog categories, how much backlog you should have and monitoring your backlog
- Implementing Maintenance Planning & Scheduling in your organization successfully, including the project management and change management principles. Understanding, the importance of training and coaching and how to set this up for success. Measuring the success of your implementation and ensuring long term sustainability.
- Much more including; setting quality standards for work requests, the most important planning & scheduling KPIs and their calculations and how to deal with emergent work during the execution phase.
In this course, we cover
Module 1: Welcome to the course
- Course objectives
- Introduction to the online learning management system.
Module 2: Introduction to Planning & Scheduling
- Role of maintenance in asset-intensive industries and the need for planning & scheduling.
- Increase in productivity and effects on the bottom line
- Key benefits of planning & scheduling (such as workforce motivation and safety)
- Critical characteristics of maintenance work and influence on maintenance planning & scheduling process
Module 3: Identify & Prioritize Work
- Work initiation and prioritization (to move out of the reactive zone)
- KPIs to measure your success
Module 4: Plan Work
- Importance of maintenance planning
- 6 principles of the maintenance planning process
- Roles & responsibilities of maintenance planners
- Level of detail required in a maintenance work order
- Components of a good 'work pack'
- Common mistakes and useful KPIs
Module 5: Monitor Work
- Monitoring work
- Proper handover to Scheduler
Module 6: Schedule Work
- 5 basic scheduling principles includes scheduling for a Frozen Week
- Building your Weekly Schedule
- Capacity planning
- Basic scheduling techniques and concepts
- KPIs (eg Weekly Schedule Compliance and others)
Module 7: Execute Work
- Execution of the maintenance work
- Role of the maintenance supervisor
- Managing Emergency Work
- Dealing with Emergent Work
Module 8: Close out Work
- Close out of work
- Provision of feedback to the planner (eg planning quality, materials etc)
- Capturing technical history in the CMMS(for use in continuous improvement programs)
- Linking technical history to Defect Elimination & Root Cause Analysis processes
Module 9: Review & Improve
- Continuous improvement
- Using KPIs to drive performance and its limits
- Necessity of a 'process owner' who conducts annual process 'audits'
- Value of GEMBA walks
- Measuring wrench time
Module 10: Implementing Planning & Scheduling
- Business case
- Change management basics
- Setting up your project team for success
- Need for coaching