This guide serves as a workbook to be used in conjunction with an approved course offered by a training partner recognized by the International Council for Machinery Lubrication (ICML) for a Machinery Lubrication Technician (MLT I or II) certification exam preparation course.
The essence of this work is a guided, cooperative, and sometimes even argumentative dialogue between the authors, with continuous asking and answering of questions. This stimulates critical thinking, which in turn draws out underlying presumptions, and results in readers thinking like the person who actually built the exam. The authors are strong proponents of a unique 5-step process for learning:
2. Find Socrates
3. Be the Exam
4. Practice Exam
This unconventional method has proven to be exceptionally effective, not for only passing the exam, but to truly retaining the knowledge and becoming an expert in the content you’re studying. Certification requirements are discussed throughout the work, making this the ideal resource for prospective MLT I and/or MLT II certification candidates.
Unique Structured learning
- Notes Outline: For the reader to complete. Aids in organizing ideas and thoughts.
- Guided Cooperative Argument: A dialogue between authors concerning the topics. Helps answer questions that are asked on the job.
- Statements of Truth and Exam Development: From the recommended Body of Knowledge, with space to develop your multiple-choice questions. Develops critical thinking process and understanding of how the exam questions are structured.
- Body of Knowledge Outline: Works as a reference to help answer any questions that may arise.
- Practice Exam: A mock exam designed to familiarize the reader with taking a multiple-choice test that is similar in structure and content to the real one.
- Glossary & Appendices: List of common terms, charts, and tables with which all certification candidates need to be familiar.